Friday, April 27, 2012

Sorry about this.

The delay I mean. I was supposed to post this right after my ever-long lament on Jon McL.

Forever If Ever

I love this song so much. Mainly because it talks about a love that is so strong and unconditional. Me and my friend Sam have been talking about "loving somebody in his/ her own terms" and this is the song that I believe demonstrates that.

If you notice the words, I think it talks about the girl having a restless heart. Trying to find meaning and purpose, never settling in one place. And the guy doesn't really like it. I think the girl leaves him hanging. And him, as he loves her, supports her and tries to be with her. But he's hurting.
But then at the chorus he's like, go ahead and find yourself, whatever will make you feel good and complete. And then if in the process you choose to 'let go', it's okay. But I'll still be here. I'll keep my heart open because I love you.
When he says "There's so much that you could say to take this pain away but the right words are ones you'll never find", I get the sense that this guy recognizes that this girl needs this whole finding myself journey. There's simply nothing he could do about it but wait. That if she does otherwise, it won't be her. Like, it's not in her character. That "the words she'll be saying" can make things alright between them but they will be against her very nature and principles and he doesn't want that.

Hey, this is the live acoustic version by the way. Not the studio version. It's hard to find but maybe you can download it on NoiseTrade. OR NOT. Probably not. Download it HERE instead. Better with drums. The lyrics are HERE.

And then we go to Summer Is Over

SIGH.
Anyway. You know, summer love and all that. It's obvious enough. People are crude. I just love the words and the tunes
I hate the one with Sara Bareilles (YES, I care to repeat myself)(She sounded like a man) because Jon's solo was good enough. How can I settle for second best once, as Katy Perry said in some song, "once I've had the best"?
And bloody heck. They totally removed that songs bridge. It's friggin incomplete.
Can't find the original on YouTube though. They take down everything. Pffffff. Okay, I am tipped off just typing about this. I'll update later.

See yah. Look for the originals alright?!

No comments: