Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks-Foster The People


Yeah, yeah. You've probably seen this video and listened to this song on some music channel already or radio station (It has been the number 1 track on some radio countdowns). It's getting quite a buzz over the past weeks, I think.

May story to eh. Hmm. I remember this one night. I was traveling home from Uni, on the bus (with Sam :D) with my earphones stuck in my ear, listening to my favorite radio station (99.5 DWRT, if you were curious).

Well, this song started to play and along with that, a thought started to nag on my head. I had this very very strong gut feeling that I knew the song. In my heart I felt that I have heard that song before. But I had missed the part where the DJ tells the song title and artist (it was before the song played and I wasn't paying attention) so I was really feeling agitated in my seat. I was murmuring to myself and trying to sing along the chorus (not so difficult, the chorus is so simple and catchy) to see if I had any idea or memory at all of this song because I really really liked it.
Finally, when the song was about to end, I remembered a night the week before that. I was on M.E.N. (Musical Exploration Night) mode and I listened to a bunch of songs. And when I do M.E.N. that would really mean a big bunch as I can't seem to control myself when doing it. At one point in my activity, I saw this tweet from the candy mag official twitter account and I remembered how they would have this editor's picks and celebrity playlists and stuffs on their magazines and sometimes they put it up on the website. So I got on their page and typed in playlist in the search bar and WOOH, musical paradise. I remember discovering so much music from that alone. I made a whole playlist that night full of new music. HAHA. The editors have such good tastes!
Anyway, when I remembered that M.E.N. night, I flopped down in front of the computer and looked at my web history! HAHA. Yes, I did that. I searched for it there. And when I finally got the right video, HAHAHAHAHA! I was so stoked. It was a winning moment. Then it gets backs to me, the exact moment that I watched the video. I only listened half of the way because I wasn't interested anymore. Before it, I have gone through dozens of songs and my ears were sore. HAHA. I love this song so much. I would get hyped up at the sound of the intro. When it plays sa MYX and I'm here at home, I would dance the duck dance and just jump up and down and around like this was a party/disco song. I just realized how embarrassing that sounds.

As I can't find the official music video on the Youtube something feature of this blog, just follow this link: 

These boys are pretty cute too, dontchathink? :P

No comments: